Impact Learning Communities
What are Impact Learning Communities?
Impact Learning Communities (ILCs) aid undergraduate students in the transition to college by allowing them to create an instant community with their peers. The ILC experience offers the opportunity for students with similar interests to learn together. In addition to smaller class sizes, students build deeper connections with faculty, participate in enrichment activities, and are supported by a peer mentor. ILCs are open to undergraduate students living on or off campus.
Why should I participate in an ILC?
By participating in an Impact Learning Community, you are able to:
- develop a deeper knowledge of potential careers in your major
- connect to the university and other students through enrichment experiences
- experience differences and similarities among ideas, individuals, and cultures
- demonstrate collaborative problem solving
- apply content knowledge across multiple settings
- increase your chance to succeed academically
Sign up now!
Let us know what you're interested in, and we will follow up with you.Fall 2023 ILC Student Interest Form
Fall 2023 Impact Learning Communities
The following Impact Learning Communities are being offered during the Fall 2023 semester. Click a community to be redirected to the corresponding college ILC page.
Exploratory Health & Helping
International Studies & Political Science
Learn more about the Impact Learning Communities program here.
Interested in becoming an ILC Peer Mentor?
Peer Mentors are junior, senior, or graduate students that assist the ILC students with connecting to campus resources, building a sense of community, and goal-setting. The full position description for the Peer Mentor position can be viewed here.
Fall 2023 ILC Peer Mentor Application
- To apply, visit odu.joinhandshake.com to log in or create a Handshake account
- Once in Handshake, search under Jobs for ILC Peer Mentor
- Click Apply to complete the application
- For questions, contact email@example.com