The Readiness Opportunities for Personal and Educational Success (ROPES) program supports new and incoming students in their transition to and through college. Through ROPES, students can get an insider's look at academic expectations with priority access to specialized programs and services. Students can meet other students, participate in engagement activities, and talk to faculty/staff who have a vested interest in their success.
- VIP access to competititve academic programming and support services
- Personal and group program support with professional and peer academic coaches and mentors
- Invitations to events and networking opportunites with faculty, staff, and peer students
- A greater understanding of college expectations and campus life
Learning how to study was the most impactful portion. In high school I never needed to study because we always went over the material multiple times.
I enjoyed getting to talk to real people and ask questions because it's better to get feedback immediately so planning can happen more smoothly
ROPES Summer 2022 Dates
ROPES Freshmen and Sophomores: August 5th, 2022, 10:00am
Types of ROPES Experiences
ODU Incoming Students
Incoming freshmen or transfer students - ARC staff will design an on-campus experience that may include:
- A VIP tour of the campus (academic buildings, resource offices, etc.)
- Access to competitive ODU programs (Student Support Services, LSI, etc.)
- Q&A/Panel sessions with priority campus representatives like Financial Aid, Advising, etc.
- Lunch with "ODU Insiders" (ARC student workers, ODU Faculty/Alumni, ODU Leadership) and ODU Giveaways
If you have any questions about ROPES please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Register for ROPES 2022
ROPES Sophomores is designed to help current ODU rising sophomores with their transition to their sophomore year of college and beyond. During the session, participants will gain the following skills:
- Money Management
- Cover Letter and Resume Building
- Leadership Skills
- Self-Advocacy Skills
- Understanding and Connecting with Academic Resources
- How to establish a professional social media image
In addition to these skills, students will be paired and assigned an academic coach for the summer and upcoming academic year.
If you have any questions about ROPES please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about ROPES please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Register for ROPES Sophomores 2022
These experiences can be designed to help navigate ODU expectations and guide them through their "next steps."
For example, colleges implementing summer bridge programs may request a ROPES experience for their students. CHIP staff will work with college staff to determine the most effective ROPES experience that fits the college's needs. These experiences may occur during a single session, or may occur over several days (depending on the bridge program). Typically a College Bridge ROPES experience may include:
- Small or large group workshops (time management, organization, motivation, etc.)
- Embedded peer academic coaching or peer mentors
- Q&A/Panel sessions with relevant campus representatives like Housing & Residence Life, Financial Aid, etc.