The day-to-day operations of Old Dominion University depend on consistent, reliable support from people like you. Annual donations fund important initiatives such as scholarships, student activities and classroom materials. Your annual gift plays a vital role in helping ODU improve academic excellence, enrich the undergraduate and graduate experience, build new research and academic facilities, and give each student a memorable college journey.
Annual giving by alumni, faculty, staff and friends of Old Dominion plays a major role in the school's academic rankings and its ability to earn funding from many foundations. Strong levels of annual giving demonstrate the loyalty and support of the entire ODU community.
What is the Dominion Fund?
The Dominion Fund is a program that provides Old Dominion University with annual support in order to bridge the gap between traditional funding sources (tuition and state allocations) and operating expenses, so as to promote the university's strategic plan.
Show your commitment to Old Dominion University by making a contribution to the Dominion Fund. Several different programs allow the Dominion Fund to help meet student and university needs - find one that fits your philanthropic passion:
Why Give to Old Dominion University?
- You are an alumnus who wants current and future ODU students to have similar experiences and opportunities to the ones that opened doors for you.
- You wish to strengthen the university's academic and research initiatives, or are interested in a particular program and want to see it grow and succeed.
- You have an investment in the community and you recognize how Old Dominion University enhances the quality of life in Hampton Roads.
- Your dollars will help boost ODU's student involvement,scholarships and faculty development.
- YOU can make a difference in students' lives!
Help support the academic aspirations of students seeking master's and doctoral degrees. This fund helps expand the opportunities and resources available for graduate students.
The Dominion Fund for Parents is a special giving program for parents that provides vital funding for campus programs and facilities that otherwise would not receive funding.
The Webb Society was created to recognize the loyal alumni, faculty, staff, parents and friends who share a vision of a shining future for the University.
The College Annual Fund gives you the opportunity to make a gift directly to one of our six academic colleges or even directly to the academic department of your choosing.