Yvonne T. Allmond was appointed to the Board of Visitors on July 1, 2015 by Governor Terry McAuliffe and was reappointed to a second four-year term on July 1, 2019 by Governor Ralph Northam. She currently serve as Secretary of the Board and also served as Secretary of the Board from 2016 to 2018. She currently serves as a member of the Administration & Finance, Executive, and Student Enhancement & Engagement Committees, Chair of the Athletics Committee and Vice Chair of the Governance Committee. She represents the Board on the Educational Foundation Investment Committee.
Yvonne T. Allmond is an Executive Vice President & Community Financial Engagement Officer with TowneBank. She was previously a Senior Vice President in the Private Banking Group in TowneBank's Norfolk Corporate Offices for more than 15 years. She has over 30 years of financial experience, primarily in banking but also to include serving as an Investment Associate with the Economic Development Finance Corporation in Washington D.C and an assessment auditor with the FDIC, also in Washington, D.C. Yvonne received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance from The George Washington University in Washington DC and graduated from the Hampton Roads Civic Leadership Institute in 2006. She was a recipient of the 2014 NAACP Presidential Award; 2014 YWCA Women of Distinction award; the 2019 Inside Business' Women in Business Achievement award and is a 2021 recipient of the Humanitarian Award presented by Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities. She is involved in many civic activities, community initiatives and organizations to include:
- Board of Visitors member, Old Dominion University
- Board member, Norfolk State University Foundation Board
- Board member, Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities
- Board member, Board of Trustees of the Norfolk Employees Retirement System
- Board member, The Norfolk NATO FestivalBoard member and President of The Town Scholarship Foundation (not related to TowneBank)
- Board member, Slover Library Foundation
- Board member, Norfolk Police Foundation
- Corporate Board member, Assistant Treasurer, YMCA of Hampton Roads
- Board member, Barry Art Museum
- Board member, Vice Chair, WHRO
- Former Chairman of the Board of Commissioners of the VHDA (Virginia Housing Development Authority)
- Member of the VHDA's Minority Business Advisory Council
- Sentara Brock Cancer Center Leadership Cabinet Member
She regularly conducts credit seminars and business financing seminars for many local colleges, schools, churches and community groups, sharing the wealth of financial knowledge accumulated throughout her career.